#11: Lazy Student Face & Favourites

April 01, 2017

A guide for the lazy, broke and/or clueless... AKA me, myself and I.

I make it no secret that I haven't got any kind of knowledge at all in the face department. I only recently developed an interest in what I'm putting on my face when, back in October, I started doing a few more acting jobs and for a few weeks, my face was in and out of stage makeup near-on every day. So, I decided to get a few staples to help my slowly dying skin get its glow back...

Disclaimer: In no way am I making any attempt to be a beauty blogger. I literally have no idea what I'm talking about.

CLEANSER - The Orange One, by Neutrogena

Or, 'Visibly Clear Spot Clearing Facial Wash' as it says on the packaging. This works wonders on my puberty-stricken skin. With an excessively oily t-zone, but generally red and dry around my jawline and nose, Neutrogena's oil-free cleanser is a must-have item in my bathroom. It's especially good for those annoying 'Time of the Month' breakouts, keeping redness to a minimum and clearing up whiteheads with 2% salicylic acid. At less than £5 for 200ml, it's a good ol' student bargain!

FOUNDATION - Truly The One , by GOSH

This is only a recent discovery, but again a relatively cheap one, so perfect for suffering students, like myself. At only £9.99, 'GOSH BB Cream' is pure magic to someone who knows nothing about makeup. It matches so perfectly to my skin tone - which is rare for an olive-skinned gal like me - and it gives great coverage, lasting all day and I can't even feel it on my skin. Plus, with an SPF 15, it'll be a definite for the coming summer months.

CONCEALER - The Cheap & Cheerful One, by Makeup Revolution

'Makeup Revolution Matte Concealer' is a £1 wonder, bought on a really low budget which surprisingly does the job quite well! I use the shade 'Light/Medium', which suits my skin perfectly and apply it in red areas, after my BB cream, loosely blending with my index and middle fingers. The good thing about this is that it's easily blendable, not so much with the stick, but with my finger and with other creams. I take a bit on my finger and dab under the eye, focusing specifically on the inner corner, where I get particularly dark. It does the job, it's a cheap and cheerful student seller and for that reason, it's on my 'Face & Favourites' List!

POWDER - The One I Constantly Run Out Of, by Miss Sporty

And that's not a bad thing. I slap this one on like there's no tomorrow. 'Miss Sporty So Clear Powder Transparent' is my handbag essential that I could not do a day without, especially if that day just happens to be a show day. At £2.99 and with antibacterial properties, it's a bargain and I don't feel bad about layering it on my skin. I won't say that it has necessarily cleared my pores, but it hasn't made them any worse, as some powders have done. 'Transparent' is the word, it leaves no hint of colour, so it's not too light for my skin. It gives brilliant coverage, beautifully setting my concealer and foundation. I've been using this for a good few months now and I'm not inclined to change anytime soon.

BROWS - The Only One I Know How To Use, by Collection

I won't lie when I say I am rather new to the brow-filling community. I only really started so I didn't look like a faceless alien playing 'Lily St Regis' in a local production of 'Annie'. Simply called 'Eyebrow Kit', I use the shade 'Blonde' because the brunette palette was a shade of black I think even the devil would run screaming from. It comes with three powders (one for the outline, one for filling and one for highlighting), a double-ended brush and brow mascara. At the moment, I have taken to using my own brush and just the outline colour to fill the whole brow, but I expect when the summer sun starts to lighten my hair, the lighter brown will also come in handy. The mascara is great, holds the shape of my brows all day, but the solution does get a little gross with powder quite quickly, it being a small bottle. But, for £3.99, it ain't half bad!

LASHES - The One I Rave About, by Max Factor

I never shut up to my friends and family about this product. Max Factor 'Clump Defy Mascara' in 'Black' is something I received as a Christmas present a really long time ago but has been a staple in my makeup collection ever since. It's the priciest thing on my list, traditionally at £10.99, but for lashes that look effortlessly long with, you guessed it, NO CLUMPS, it is money I am willing to spend. With tightly knit bristles on a curved edge brush, it follows and accentuates the shape of my natural lashes and adds length and darkness, creating the appearance of awakeness for that 9AM lecture.

LIPS - The Really Lazy One, by...?

I have trailed the whole internet and on not one site can you buy one of my favourite products of all time. '2True Cheek n Lip Tint' (Rose) is essentially exactly the same as 'Benetint', but knock £30 off. Anyway, I have done my best to find an alternative replacement and have (luckily) found one!
W7's 'Lip and Cheek Stain' in the shade 'A Hint of Bali' is perfect for a lazy non-lipstick kind of girl like me. Working weekends in a bridal shop, where everything is white, means lipstick is a no-go anyway, but I am too low-maintenance to be worrying about whether I have a red line around my lips whenever I go to eat. Lip tints have always been my go-to and a little goes a long way, especially with this brand. The colour adds a little pink to my otherwise olive face, but is discreet enough that it adds natural beauty, complimenting my skin tone perfectly and at only £2.35 a bottle on Amazon, it is a bargain worth betting on.


Let me know what bargain's you've been buying and share your makeup hacks with me on my social medias at the top of the page. Remember,



Hannah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think? There's lots more to come..