#12: Problems Only Glasses-Wearers Know

April 08, 2017

There are some struggles in life that only the lucky few will ever experience...




#1: Picture Perfect
Looking like you have no eyes when you find good selfie lighting is such a problem. You're faced with two options. Either, you remove your glasses, at risk of not being able to see the shutter button to take the photo. Or, you spend hours trying to find a patch of light that hits everywhere apart from those shiny reflective shards of glass on your face. It's no mean feat to get a decent picture of a glasses-wearer.

#2: Spot-On
I don't know about anyone else but I seem to always get spots between my eyebrows. It's likely a cross between oily teenage skin and the fact that my glasses are always pressing against my face. A combination of the two means those zits just hit me dead in the face. Although glasses are useful for covering said spot, it's immensely painful should anyone decide to hit you in the face (I speak from experience).

#3: Dirt, Glorious Dirt
Here's what I want to know. How come, even after washing your glasses so thoroughly, even after using the spray and cloth (let's be real, everyone uses their t-shirt)... your lenses are STILL DIRTY?! How, in that time it takes to get them from your hand to your face, do your glasses still accumulate smudge marks and dust? I swear there's something in the air...

#4: I'm sorry, where?
"Just look straight ahead for me at that big letter A."
Oh I'm sorry, you mean that smudge on the mirror? Nothing quite makes you feel blind than not even knowing where the eye chart is. And, the last line is just a joke. Nobody can actually read that from two metres... right?

#5: Sun, Summer and Sight-Issues
For those of us not lucky enough to have colour changing lenses, nor cool enough for prescription sunglasses, the age old question of time comes around, every year, during the summer months. Blindness or brightness? If I wear my glasses, I am blinded by the sun. If I wear my sunglasses, I am blind anyway... I end up saying: "Ah screw it, I'll just stay in the shade."

Although I complain, it's worth having glasses... even if just for the fact that we look damn cute in little round frames and a vintage rose blush!

What do you love/hate about glasses? Let me know in the comments, or on my social media links at the top of the page and remember,




Hannah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think? There's lots more to come..