#17: Why I Love Comedy

May 14, 2017

I have such a passion for comedy. In fact, I try to include a least a smidgen in all of my writings and directings. Some of my favourite films are works of comic genius; I'm a huge fan of the Cornetto Triology and there's nothing better than an online video that can make me laugh out loud. Today, I'm going to share with you some of my favourite things about the world of laughter and talk about the best comedians I love to watch.

A few of my favourite comical books and films...

Accessibility

A great thing about comedy is that it's so accessible to all. Everyone loves a good laugh and I love listening to anecdotes about people's experiences for a pick-me-up. Comedy is an indirect way of sharing emotions, seeing the funny side of life and therefore it's something we can all relate to.

James Veitch

Without a doubt, nobody has made me cry with laughter more than Mr James Veitch. My all-time favourite comedian AND he plays keys. I mean, do I get the marriage forms now? Nah, I'm joking... a romantic dinner date in London will do just fine...

Here's a clip of him performing at the Comedy Allstars Supershow that had me in hysterics:



Diversity

There is so much diversity in the world of comedy. People speak from different backgrounds, their jokes come from the times they have had in their own lives and you get a real insight into the world around you from watching a cleverly constructed piece of stand up. It's so varied and diverse.

It's huge!

My favourite thing about comedy is that not only are there so many different genres and types of comedy, whether it be sketches, stand up or theatre/film/TV, but it is also so huge globally. And anyone can try it! Who knows? Make 'em laugh. Do you have funny bones?

Are you a comic genius? Give me your best witty line in the comments below and let me know why you love comedy! And remember... 


Hannah x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love comedy as well and I guess I didn't really realise until now how much I love comedy films too. For myself if I can make someone laugh it's such a nice feeling, and if others can make me laugh I absolutely love that too! I don't think I get along very well with people who don't have a good sense of humour...

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? There's lots more to come..