#6: DIY Tie-Dye Pillow (+more!)

February 13, 2017

Welcome back once more, thank you so much for joining me at Come Along, Marilyn!
I've got to say, I'm very much enjoying daily blogging and I intend to keep it up for as long as possible. So today, I bring a first on my blog: a DIY! As I said in yesterday's blog, I love craft. But, I'm not the most artistic person in the world so things have gotta be simple for me to make anything worth looking at...

Take a look at the world's easiest tie-dye DIY.



This is so simple, I almost can't believe it works. It's also interchangeable between items, so you can use a pillowcase, a shirt, a bed sheet - whatever you like, so long as it is a light-colour material, i.e. white or pastel shades. You only need a few things and they are...


And that's it! Grab your materials and follow along as we tie-dye some stuff together...

Step One

Place the glass inside the pillowcase, pressing the circular rim against the material and securing it with a few hair ties or elastic bands.
I know my photography skills aren't great, but in my defense
this isn't the most photogenic scene.

Step Two

Using different colour Sharpie pens, start drawing little dots in the centre of the circle you have made. If you're feeling adventurous, try out some more complex designs as well! There are no wrong moves in this DIY; once we bleed out the colours, everything looks awesome. See below:


Step Three

When you're happy with your design, grab some nail polish remover (make sure it contains alcohol because this is what makes the colours bleed) and dip a cotton bud in. Then make dotting motions on each dot that you have created, starting in the centre of your design. The more you dab, the further each colour will spread. Check out some of my creations:



Step Four

Repeat however many times you desire and that's it! Allow this to dry, you may want to give it a quick wash in the machine to get rid of the alcohol smell - it's totally machine friendly (so long as your material can be machine-washed!) Check the label of your pillowcase/tshirt/other material, but the design won't bleed, so long as it's fully dry.

Take a look at my creations below and let me know if you give this a go! Send me your pictures via my links in the top bar of the page.

My finished Tie-Dye Pillow

Quirky new bedspread!

Speak soon and remember...




Hannah x


You Might Also Like

0 comments