#23: The Shortlist | June

July 03, 2017

The end of another month has come around and I must say it has been a whirlwind of adventure. With exams, rehearsals and travelling in the mix, you can bet the things that made my shortlist sure are spectacular!



Online Media

Winner:
  • 'Shining Mom' - Packed full of free printables, like monthly calendars, to do lists, meal plans and all manner of blank organiser sheets, how could I possibly resist a site like this during exam season? I've used this to keep my head level and keep track of my daily to-dos.

Nominations:
  • Samsung Galaxy A5 - I went travelling this month, so when I got my upgrade I knew I needed a phone with a good camera. Few cameras are more impressive than a Samsung and this rear-facing 16-megapixel camera, with wide f/1.9 aperture does not disappoint!
  • MotivateBot - A little bit of inspiration keeping me going, this Facebook Messenger Bot sends you an uplifting quote every morning, to give you a bit of motivation. My favourite? "A ship is safe in harbour, but that's not what ships are for." - William G.T. Shedd

*

Travel & Tourism

Winner:
  • Hand Luggage – Travelling by hand luggage was the best decision I made whilst travelling, so if you have the opportunity to do so, do it. Not only does it save you money, it saves you time, stress and helps you live a more minimalist lifestyle abroad – definitely much less hassle and keeps you in control of your possessions at all times.

Nominations:
  • Eurostar – It feels like a futuristic space shuttle. With air conditioning that actually works, free magazines, a bar and doors that open without pressing any buttons, it might as well have been the year 3000 when I rode this thing back home from Brussels.
  • Leggings – I swear I live in them. Especially on a flight, leggings are my go-to clothing item, any place, any time. The weather in Hanover was somewhat unpredictable, so I did end up wearing the same pair of leggings for about 4 days straight. Life lessons learnt: always pack an extra pair.

*

Health & Wellbeing

Winner:
  • Spring Cleaning - Little bit late for this but I actually slept in the guest room while cleaning out my bedroom for uni. I’ve rolled up my winter clothes into boxes and am working on throwing out the things I won’t need when I move away. As my close friends will tell you, my bedroom is basically 18 years of life thrown around the walls. It’s almost cathartic throwing away embarrassing bits of my past!

Nominations:
  • Yoga – This was on last month's shortlist too, but it has proved useful once again, keeping me relaxed during exams and momentarily taking me away from the world.
  • Almond Milk – As someone who never quite knows what their stomach is doing, almond milk is a great way of having a cup of tea without risk of… well… disaster. This, or coconut milk, in a coffee is pure joy and I highly recommend it to anyone, not just the digestively infirm.


That's everything for my shortlist this month! Let me know in the comments what you've been loving through June and remember...


Hannah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think? There's lots more to come..