#32: The Eighteen Diaries | My Inspirations

September 05, 2017

Throughout my life, there are a lot of people who have inspired me. They tend to be people I know personally (I was never really one for celebrity idols) and they tend to be very driven, independent people, even authority figures in my life. As a record for 'future me', here are the people who inspire me now.




1. My English Teachers

I'll keep their names private but my English teachers from my final year of school were not only a couple of the funniest people I've ever met, they were also huge inspirations to me. Their genuine passion for their work and care for the kids they taught was moving and I feel a sense of loss in leaving school, because of the fun I had with them.


No, not the dinosaur. ^That's the link to her blog. Hollie is a very close friend of mine, but we met in a rather unconventional way. She directed my first ever musical, where I played Ms Darbus in 'High School Musical: Onstage' and to be truthful, I thought she was the bees' knees. She seemed to always have this sense of what she was doing and I really respected that. Now, I see her a bit like a big sister. She teaches me things and I'm never not laughing when we hang out. Don't throw up, Hollie - you make my inspirations list.


3. Meryl Streep

How can you not love Meryl? (*cough, Donald Trump*) She's never pretended to be somebody else, never tried to explain herself to the press and she always speaks her mind. I love how she can be so reserved and contained in her dialect, but there's this glimmer of eccentricity in her words. She's not really an idol, like I said I'm not one for celebrity culture, more a lifestyle to aspire too. Being apologetically yourself.

4. My Mum

Again, cheesy as, well, cheese, my mum is an inspiration to me. Recently, she decided to completely change her career path - picked a course in counselling and graduated to become a fully qualified counselor. Her 'can-do' attitude, even when she's not feeling strong in herself, is inspirational. Keep on fighting, mum!


That's it for today! A brief list of the people who inspire me, at age 18 - for future reference. This one's for you, uni-graduate Hannah, remember...


Hannah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think? There's lots more to come..