#37: A Month Away From Home | Things I've Learnt

October 17, 2017

Today marks exactly 1 month away from home, at university. Apologies that all my recent posts have been around this theme - this is my life right now, so always at the forefront of my mind! Onwards with the blog post, here are a few things I've learnt in the month away...



Firstly, I'm really great at cooking mug recipes. I've made up a few of my own and I'm obsessed with 'Tasty' microwave recipes. I say a dose of radiation poisoning is worth it for the true student life.

*

Secondly, I function better in tidy spaces. One thing that's good about a tiny uni box room is that it's a lot less effort to tidy than my room at home. Putting all my makeup in little boxes, folding my clothes into cubby holes and having a designated laundry bin, instead of it all ending up in piles on the floor - I can do better at life when my room is clean!

*

Next, t-shirts. I brought about 12 of them to uni... and I just keep wearing the same 3 shirts over and over again. There was no need for me the overfill those suitcases.

*

I work well in lists. Reading lists, to-do lists, weekly calendars - these are the things that keep me organised, pinned up nicely on my doorway corkboard.

*

Last of all, I've learnt I value strong friendships. I have a few really close, important people in my life and I can work with that. At the moment most of them are up and down the country, at university, so sometimes I can feel a little lonely. But, when I need them, they're only a message or a phone call away and that brings me back together again.



That's all for today! What have you learnt in the last month? Let me know in the comments below and remember...



Hannah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think? There's lots more to come..