#29: Soundtrack To My Life Tag

August 15, 2017

Hello to you all! Today I bring a little something new to the blog. I was tagged to do the 'Soundtrack To My Life' Tag by Hollie over at Hesperosaurus; the link to her post can be found righty HERE. As many of you will know, I am a huge fan of music and having MD'd for a youth theatre company, composed and done music A level as well, I'd like to think I know my stuff.

So let's see which tracks make the cut under the following categories...


  1. Song for when you're happy - 'So Much Better' (Legally Blonde) No better feeling than home alone broadway belting and pretending I'm a blonde bombshell.
  2. Song for when you're sad - 'Is There Somebody who Can Watch You' (The 1975). Lying on my bedroom floor, this song is almost comforting to me when life's got me down.
  3. Song to play at your wedding - If my partner is as epic as I want them to be, we'll write our own wedding song. But if we're a little bit mismatched with our music, 'Once Upon A Dream' from Sleeping Beauty hits the spot nicely.
  4. Song for dancing round the house - 'Look At Me I'm Sandra Dee' (Grease). Pftt me? Knowing the entire film choreography and pretending I'm Rizzo on my living room sofa? Must be thinking of somebody else...
  5. Song for when you're angry - And speaking of 'Somebody Else', this The 1975 classic is my pick for this one. I like to belt it out on the piano... cheeky link to my YouTube cover below!
  6. Song you play through your headphones while you're out n' about - 'Don't Rain On My Parade' (Barbra Streisand). I'm not even going to pretend I'm not strutting when I've got this in my ears. The pavement is my catwalk.
  7. Song you'd have at your funeral - 'For Good' (Stephen Schwarz' 'Wicked'). I was tempted to be completely satirical and say 'He Had It Coming' from 'Chicago' but I figured my family might have an issue with that.
  8. Song that makes you lose your sh*t at a party - 'Chocolate' (The 1975) I agree with Hollie on this one. It's the song that makes us both go YAS when it comes on in the car.
  9. The last song you listened to - 'Lifeline' (Orla Gartland). Her talent is insane, please take a listen!
  10. Karaoke jam - Now we're talking. I take my karaoke very seriously but most times 'Don't Rain On My Parade' isn't suitable for a dingy pub at 6:30pm. If pushed to sing something other than musical theatre, I shout 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' as a simple song I love to sing.
  11. Song for working out/exercising - 'A Little Easier' (Leddra Chapman). I do lots of dance-based exercise, lots of stretching and yoga. Leddra's music is light and airy making my workout sessions a lot like summery fun... when I'm not in pain. This song's kick ass enough to make me feel like a boss while I'm working out.
  12. Song with the most memories attached - 'Crazy In Love' (Beyoncé ft. Jay Z) I remember choreographing dance routines to this as a child. Back in the day when Barbie made compilation albums and that was Track 1 on the CD.
  13. Song that makes you cry - 'Songbird' (Chrissy McVie/Eva Cassidy version). I have always loved this song, the music just instantly makes me emotional! Sorry for the self-promo again but here's the cover I did over on my YouTube channel...
  14. Song you hate the most - 'Despacito' (The Justin Bieber one). I'm not even going to apologise for how ridiculously overplayed and stupid this song is. I somehow managed to escape the Bieberlicious phase all my friends went through.
  15. All-time favourite song - 'One Normal Night' (Andrew Lippa's 'The Addams Family). Lippa you're an actual genius and I love you. Listen to this my fine reader. It's an absolutely sensational track.
  16. ➳ 
    Thanks to Hollie for tagging me - I had lots of fun! I'm going to tag my good friend Hasina, who is thinking about starting up a blog. Well, now you have to - get writing, and remember...


    Hannah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think? There's lots more to come..